Born in Prague, Ladislav came to London in 1968 where he completed his education and professional qualifications. He has specialised in insolvency and corporate recovery since the early 1970s, becoming a partner with UHY Hacker Young in 1980, and has since worked as an advisor to UK clearing banks, other financial institutions as well as clients of law firms and other accountancy practices.
Ladislav was elected Managing Partner of UHY Hacker Young’s London office in 1995 and continues to hold this post. UHY Hacker Young was one of UHY’s two founding members and is one of the UK’s Top 20 accounting firms, with more than 100 partners and 24 offices across the UK.
Ladislav was first appointed as Chairman of UHY in 2002, serving until 2007. Ladislav served as Chairman again from 2012 to 2015. During his time as Chairman, and on the Board, he has been responsible for driving significant growth within our international network. He takes his international commitments extremely seriously and has held many positions within the UK’s industry steering committees and with other organisations with an international remit. His recent/ current posts include:
- ACCA, Council member on the Market Oversight Committee – reviewing strategy in all 128 of the ACCA’s international markets, 2010 to 2013
- Czech British Chamber of Commerce (CBBC), Chairman and Founder, 2008 to date
- British Czech & Slovak Association, President, 1998 to date
- English College in Prague, Vice Chairman of Governors, 1999 to 2009
- Freeman of the City of London and a Member of the Worshipful Company of Upholders (Livery Company).
- Nova Ljubljanska Banka (NLB) , Slovenia, independent member of the Audit committee, 2013 to date
In addition to these posts, Ladislav was awarded ‘Gratias Agit’ in 2005 by the Czech government in recognition of his work to promote the good name of the Czech Republic abroad.
As a Licensed Insolvency Practitioner, Ladislav specialises in a range of activities, including independent business reviews and viability studies, formal insolvency appointments, corporate reconstructions and turnarounds, asset tracing and recovery and negotiations for business acquisitions and disposals.